Friday, September 28, 2012

Upcycling

That is such a nice word that means to reuse something to make something new.

Perfect idea for people who love second hand shopping, like me!

I am a no nonsense thinker and also I am a thrifty (read cheap!)

Yesterday at the thrift store, I found a big ole bag of 6.5" quilt squares. It looked like someone planned to make a T-shirt and flannel quilt and then decided to donate it to the thrift store instead.



What did I see?  Upcycled cloth wipies!


Today I sewed 35 double sided wipes! I just zigzaged around he edge and trimmed close to the seams.  I think the knit will wash great.  Hubby won't be using these to change baby, but I figured I could use them and save a few dimes for airfare and vacations instead.  Priorities you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment