Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review of Assunta Diaper Cover

Today I received my diaper covers from Assunta.

It took 20 days to receive this order.  Shipping was free. I got three tiny covers and two one size.  They gave me free baby legs with purchase!  They have a limited color selection, but I like solids.  The diapering money supports a non-profit that supports and houses abandoned infants in China.  For more info click here.
All of this was $26
 I thought I would review the Thirsties Size 1 ($12 orange) and the Assunta tiny ($5 red.)
They are the exact same size and fabric.  Both are double gusseted.  The Thirsties does have a curve in the snaps to accommodate umbilical cord and it has a little elastic in front as well.  The Assunta's fabric is a little thicker.

The Assunta has a cross over snap so it can get much smaller in the waist. The largest size is exactly the same.

The snaps are on the against skin on the Thirstie and inside on the Assunta.   The Thirsties has a wipeable inner layer.  The Assunta does not. 
I will try both on baby and report again soon and post amazingly cute baby pictures.   I think the price of the Assunta is excellent and will be ordering covers from there if they work well on my baby boy. 

3 comments:

  1. It has been a little while since you wrote this...which do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the assunta. I just ordered 5 more OS covers. They have a new tuckable that is like a FLIP so I got it. The covers hold up really well and have a good cut. They NEVER leak!

      Delete
  2. What is the non - wipeable fabric? I just ordered a few of these..

    ReplyDelete