Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cloth Diaper with a wool soaker

I found a grey 100% cashmere sweater for $2 at the second hand store.  It is so luxurious and soft!  I also found a merino/angora mix black sweater for $2 and made a great cover with it as well.  I found I could make one medium cover out of just a sleeve! :) This is a huge savings since one wool cover is at least $25 to buy premade.

Today I made a "bullet proof" grey nighttime diaper cover and a regular style black cover.
 My model: 

See how cozy he is!!





 I used this pattern.  I made the legs and waist bands longer on the grey diaper so that it will be a great night time diaper.  I also did a two- layer soaker inside instead of just one.  :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! you are so clever Becca, I never would have guessed that this would work and look so cute at the same time. Andrew seems to appreciate all your hard work too. Smart baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew is so adorable!! I miss him and all of you!! You do amazing things. I love you Becca!!

    ReplyDelete